A research idea
• “Atmosphere.: Mexican Extras and the Production of Race in Silent Hollywood,” Journal of Cinema and Media Studies 63, no. 1 (fall 2023): [forthcoming].
• «Estudios Churubusco: A Transnational Studio for a National Industry, in In the Studio: Visual Creation and Its Material Environments, edited by Brian Jacobson (Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 2020)
• “Government Sponsored Film and latinidad: Voice of La Raza (1971),” in Race and Non-Theatrical Film, edited by Marsha Gordon and Allyson Nadia Field (Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2019)
• Making Cinelandia: American Films and Mexican Film Culture before the Golden Age (Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2014)
• “La venganza de Pancho Villa: Resistance and Repetition,” Aztlán: A Journal of Chicano Studies 37, no. 2 (fall 2012): 11-42