A research idea
• Awad, I. & Tossell, J. (2021). Is the smartphone always a smart choice? Against the utilitarian view of the ‘connected migrant’. Information, Communication & Society, 24(4), 611-626.
• Awad, I. (2021). What about the actors involved in news about poverty? Disrupting determinist accounts. In. S. Borden (Ed.). The Routledge companion to news media and poverty.
• Awad, I. (2014). Journalism, poverty, and the marketing of misery: News from Chile’s “largest ghetto.” Journal of Communication, 64, 1066-87.
• Awad, I. (2013). Desperately constructing ethnic audiences: Anti-immigration discourses and minority audience research in the Netherlands. European Journal of Communication, 28, 168-182.
• Awad, I. (2011). Latinas/os and the mainstream press: The exclusions of professional diversity. Journalism, 12, 515-532.