A research idea
• Mihelj, S., & Jiménez-Martínez, C. (2021) Digital nationalism: Understanding the role of digital media in the rise of ‘new’ nationalism. Nations and Nationalism, 27(2), 331-346 (**winner 2021 Anthony D. Smith Prize for best article in nations and nationalism).
• Jiménez-Martínez, C. (2021) The instrumental mediated visibility of violence: The 2013 protests in Brazil and the limitations of the protest paradigm. The International Journal of Press/Politics, 26(3), 525-546 (**second place 2022 Jay Blumler Best Article Award of the International Journal of Press Politics).
• Jiménez-Martínez, C. (2020) Media and the Image of the Nation during Brazil’s 2013 Protests. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan.
• Jiménez-Martínez, C. (2017) Making Chile visible: Purposes, operationalisation and audiences from the perspective of nation branding practitioners. Geopolitics, 22(3), 502-524.
• Jiménez-Martínez, C. (2014) Disasters as media events: The rescue of the Chilean miners in national and global television. International Journal of Communication, 8, 1807-1830.